Friday, September 3, 2010

This is about Good for business

For a long time I have known that I am a business woman at heart and that’s thanks to my family background. I started at a very young age working in my mother’s shop, selling, counting and dealing with the till. I visited trade show after trade show, I was surrounded by self-assessment tax forms, I bargained with customers and suppliers alike. Business is in my blood. At the same time however, I have been surrounded by good people and so I have developed a sense of social justice and this was why I wanted to go into law when I was younger – it only seemed logical that justice and law went hand in hand. However I couldn’t escape my background. Try as I might I know I’m a business woman.

So, as I constantly put off studying law over the last few years I have started thinking about how I could mix the two. In a world where businesses and globalisation can be seen as bad profit-seeking organisations and where the word “commercial” can be dirty, what is a girl to do?
I started to search and it turns out it is absolutely possible to mix the two and that’s what I want to write about. I’ve also grown to realise that businesses are powerful in many senses of the word and I hope to write about how that power has been used for good and to try and change the attitude of many who either see business as an evil or to change those who don’t use business for good.

This is about good for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment